Saturday, January 8, 2011

L(i/ea)ving the Chinese dream

What made me and my friend Kristine so sure that we wanted to have an experience in China was probably our friendship and the strong preeminence of our half-chinese side... After a one-month trip to Australia we moved to Shanghai with the intention to study and travel for a year. In the beginning, getting used to the life here was a bit traumatic but after rising through the ranks we finally made it!
Now that one year is gone, I don't want to leave Shanghai and Kristine, already back to NYC, sighs for some cheap expo-cab! 
I don't know how can I explain in a few words what is so cool about the city, maybe because it took so long for me to start appreciate the bad smells of the streets, the rude attitude of the people or the steady smoggy atmosphere that surrounds Shanghai... We've been travelling around China and we've seen all the contradictions that a huge country like this can have... But even after the worst ordeals, I decided to reverse my experience in posting only (in my opinion) cool stuff and small things which made my stay so nice and unforgettable...




No comments: